As one of the UK’s largest independent sources of bespoke aluminium extrusion profiles and components, Sherwood customers can instantly tap into an unrivalled expertise and worldwide purchasing power.
That means we welcome full supply opportunities to source your metal, machine and stock hold finished parts.
Twenty-five years in extrusion
With over 25 years of experience in the field of extruded aluminium fabrication, we have developed key relationships with many global aluminium sources, a wealth of knowledge throughout many industries supporting all projects with our state of the art 24-hour facilities and dedicated team of experienced engineers.
We thrive on supporting customers from the design of the extrusion all the way to the manufacture of the die, machining services and supply.
And we continue to heavily invest in the development of our machining capabilities, improving our overall ability to help our customers scale and grow their own product ranges and services.
Due to all extrusion requirements offering a bespoke product, we take pride in our partnerships with each customer, assessing needs and ensuring we succeed in customer satisfaction.
Sherwood has developed a wealth of knowledge in many industries supporting all projects with our own state of the art facilities and dedicated team of qualified and experienced engineers. Our in-house services include:
- Cutting to length
- 10 automatic and manual precision saws.
- Mitre cutting.
- CNC Machining
- 12 Bridgeport 1m, 3 axis.
- 3 Haas 1.6m, 4 axis.
- 2 Emmegi 7.5m, 4 axis.
- 1 Mecal 11.5m, 5 axis with cutting head.
- Multiple power press capability of up to 75 tonne.
- Fly press capability.
- Long length extrusion punching up to 7m.
- Vibro deburring
- Wide range of colour anodising
- Natural decorative shot blasted anodising
- Laser ID marking
- Thermal Break
- Manual rolling polyamide assembly.
We have invested heavily in developing thorough relationships with subcontractors who offer a specialised service in painting, anodising and powder coating aluminium profiles. We offer a wide range of available colours that follow the industrial colour chart including
- Bespoke Colours.
- RAL Colours.
- BS 4800 Colours.
Our subcontractors all encompass the ISO 9001 accreditation systems and ensure all components are produced to the highest level of quality.
As Sherwood offer a wide variety of services, we have acquired a close network of approved subcontractors including a selection of the UK’s top aluminium finishing suppliers.
A specific requirement for the door and window industry, Sherwood specialises in supplying thermal break systems to companies. A thermal break is an element of low thermal conductivity placed in an assembly to reduce or prevent the flow of thermal energy between conductive materials. We offer two types of thermal break systems:
- Pour & De-bridge – This method is the most commonly used system for thermal barriers as the iso is mixed with resin during assembly and the mixture is poured into a barrier channel within the component. After the pouring and curing, the iso channel is de-bridged resulting in the separation between the inner and outer surfaces.
- Polyamide – The polyamide profiles are supplied with ”sealing-wire” which give a reliable seal and enhanced shear strength when activated by heat e.g. – powder-coating, therefore components with different finishes and coloured surfaces suit this method.
By forming alliances with top finishing suppliers, Sherwood maintain effectiveness as technology and innovation continues to change.
Sherwood can provide a wide range of services for the assembly of parts including:
- Plastic injection mouldings.
- Rubber seals.
- Juliette balconies.
- Brackets and hardware.
- Fixings and clamps.
Depending on the technical and commercial requirements of each customer, we provide a wide range of tailored packaging options including:
- Custom shrink wrapping.
- Spiral wrapping.
- Boxed packaging.
- Unique labelling.
To support customers further, Sherwood can offer highly skilled welding to prepare aluminium components to customers specific requirements.
From simple requirements to fully assembled, Sherwood caters to all welding needs.
To start your extrusion journey, call us today on 44 (0)1902 422 215 or complete the form below.